So last week, I had the immense honor of being bestowed with a cauldron full of hot, strong WordPress love (20 points to anyone who knows what I’m referencing!) and then amidst all the love, I was awarded actual emblems of appreciation that I can post here and even show off to others outside of the blogging world! I’m talking of course, about blogging awards and in case you don’t think I can take it outside the blogosphere, I totally can. Just watch me copy, paste, and print. That’s right…. whatcha gonna do ’bout THAT?
Sorry. Got carried away again.
Anyways, I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Silverfox at C’est la Vie (her blog is currently down so I can’t link her just yet) and teensurge. And then just as I was
letting the attention get to my head profusely thanking them, I was hit with the Illuminating Blogger Award by CJ of Food Stories. Wow. I really am speechless at all this attention. Thank you guys so, so much for these awards, I really appreciate them. The best part of these awards? I get to pass on the blogging love to OTHER people who I think totally rock and totally deserve the attention! Yay! The rules are posted down below.
Versatile Blogger Award
Post the picture of the award on your blog
Thank the blogger who nominated you
Write 7 random things about yourself
Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
Inform the bloggers of their nomination
Illuminating Blogger Award
- Visit the award site and leave a comment indicating who you’ve been nominated by
- Thank the person that nominated you with a comment and link back to your blog
- Include a courtesy link back to the official award site in your own blog post
- Share 1 random thing about yourself
- Select 5 or more nominees
- Notify your nominees with a comment and link to the original site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/).
I’ve been exploring lots of different blogs and it’s been a blast so far, getting to meet new people and poke around their blog. To make things easier, I’ve decided to just give both awards to all the nominees and you can choose whether you want to accept both, just one (especially if you already got one of these), or none. (In which case I will take your rejection personally and never be friends with you. Kidding! Or am I?) And now onto my list of random things!
1. My favorite color is green. (It’s RANDOM facts, okay? And this is random! I don’t care if you think it’s boring!)
2. I have a deathly fear of all bugs, insects, small amphibians, and things with too many legs. I just shuddered typing that last part.
3. I’ve lived in southern California for most of my life so I love the sun. Not being in it necessarily, but just having it there for me. I’ve missed it tremendously ever since the rainy season kicked in here.
4. Peanut butter and apples are my favorite snack.
5. I have a fanatical obsession with shoes.
6. I can’t stand the taste of cilantro. Don’t even try to tell me how fragrant it is. Just the smell of it makes me gag.
7. I’ve never had a nosebleed before in my life.
8. I’m currently on a strict, self-imposed as-little-sugar-as-possible diet. My coworkers hold me accountable for it.
My nominees are:
becomingelizabeth: this blogger knows style AND how to write in a way that makes even the most style-phobic person interested. If that’s not creativity and talent at its best, I don’t know what is.
Brigitte’s Banter: a smart, funny, and sincere blog about everything and anything. She’s also got lots of good tips for fledgling writers and bloggers!
Delicious History: a blog combining food and historical stories, guaranteed to teach you some cool, little-known facts and make you oh so hungry.
empty nest, full stomachs: what do you get when you mix two mothers dealing with empty nest syndrome and a blog? Fun, heartwarming stories and delicious recipes.
endlessencounters: this blogger’s got some beautifully powerful pieces of writing here. Her only warning about her blog is that she is brutally honest about things. In my opinion, that’s a great blogger in my book.
littlegreybox: funny, whimsical, helpful, interesting…… you name an adjective and there’ll be a post to fit it perfectly. I always look forward to what she’s got in store for us next.
omeletta: food, food, and more food! But even if you don’t know what a stove looks like or have never stepped foot in a kitchen, this blog will still delight you with good storytelling writing and yummy pictures.
style sprite: another style blogger who knows how to look good and write well! She makes it all look so simple and her writing makes her relatable and down-to-earth. I feel jealous just writing this.
The Streetlight Reader: I’m a bookworm myself, so I was delighted to stumble upon this blogger! She’s got lots of book reviews and (surprise, surprise), she’s also a fantastic writer all around.
whatmaxwrote: it’s hard for me to believe this kid is still in her teens with the fabulous, sometimes funny, sometimes thought-provoking, and always creative poems she writes. It’s always a joy to read her latest piece.
zentcreativeblog: this blogger is an actual artist who paints beautiful paintings that all have some sort of back story to them. Everything is crafted with lots of time, dedication, and thought that I really appreciate and enjoy.
Please go check these bloggers out and send them some love! Many of them are new bloggers and the best thing you could do is to encourage them and show some support! We were all newbies once and everyone deserves a chance for some recognition and acknowledgement. Now go do as I say and like and comment to your heart’s content!